Tuesday, January 6, 2009

I was never good with cypher

I never understood how paper could defeat rock.
You can't budge stone when you're the open book.
A faulty line of communication.
The problem found at the source.
No one connected your wires...or someone came and tore them out.
I don't feel like I'm asking too much when I want to know where I stand, but I suppose if I'd just take a look I'd see I'm being swallowed up by sand.
I reached my hand out and you just stood there shaking your head.
I reached my hand out.
I reached my hand.
I reached.
I reached.
I reached and all I could grab was fucking air.
I should be used to this failure.
Trying too hard for something that was never even there.
I thought I saw something breaking in your mortar.
I could have sworn light was coming through.
Now I'm falling into that old river because you don't want anything to prove.
I reached my hand out and you just stood there.
I guess you thought I'd drag you down.
You could have waited for me to swim but you'd rather stay protected and watch me drown.
I reached my hand out and you just stood there.
I reached out my hand.
I reached my hand out and you just stood there.
I had no idea that I'd already planted my feet on solid land.