Thursday, February 14, 2008

Mother and Son

You never say sorry on the weekend when you get too drunk with all your best friends. You missed my phone call, I know that, you told me, but I’m tired of sleeping alone in this bed. So, I’m leaving, and don’t say goodbye because I know that you’re full of shit.

All those bottles of wine, I don’t think you realize how disheartening it is to love you. I spend every waking moment worried about who may be kissing you back because I know it’s not me, thinking back. So, I’m leaving, and don’t you dare cry because I know that you’re full of shit.

Your face stays the same so I can never tell when you’re lying through your teeth. We play this game so constantly that I should know that I can’t be sure of anything and you’re stumbling now, over constantans and vowels and all the pronouns you throw around…I’m leaving, so tell “him” and “he” I say “hi”. I always knew that you were full of shit.

No comments: