Wednesday, January 23, 2008

To the bones.

She’s like a sunrise or sunset in the way that she’s as beautiful as she is fleeting. Her penchant for orange really just helps this analogy. She kissed like the rain, which is fine at most times, but when you’re saying goodbye you kind of hope for the ocean. “Kiss me like the Pacific”, but the closest she can get is the cold shoulder off the Atlantic coast. I walked away wondering exactly what just happened and how I could, for all intents and purposes, feel nothing but a sense of relief. I loved her but not like you do when you’re in love, or the closest you’ve come in your young life. It was more like a good movie. No matter how much you love it you can only watch it so many times in a row before you see it for what it really is. Fake. But you can’t be upset because at least the movie presents itself as such. If communication is key then you’re just fumbling with locks all day. I’m a windstorm and you’re flickering like a flame. This is a case of words presented as action. (“Your honor, the state would like to call Indifference to the stand.”) I need something tangible. It’s never the ocean.

No comments: